Saturday, October 30, 2010

The philosophy of my design...

Line 6 Pod Pro
With my custom design guitar, I want to construct a guitar that will be the perfect input to amp modeling.  To have good amp modeling, you need the correct style of guitar to plug into your modeling to have any chance of realism.  So if you are looking for a heavy metal guitar, you need some decent humbuckers on your guitar and if you want that lap steel sound, you need the proper pickups for that sound.  I am looking for good amp modeling so that I can do some decent, believable recordings without owning tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear.  I already own a decent guitar amp modeler built by Line 6 called the Pod Pro. It does a really good job at modeling different guitar/amp combinations provided the guitar plugged into it is the right type.

So...I am going to build a guitar that is transformable into as many different styles as possible with little more than the flick of a switch or the turn of a knob.

No comments:

Post a Comment